Sustanon®-250 is a compound of testosterone esters, similar to the natural testosterone testosterone, in an oil solution. Testosterone is produced in the male gonads and Leydig cells and is the most important endocrine hormone needed for the development of the male reproductive organs (prostate, seminal vesicles, penis and scrotum) as well as secondary sexual characteristics in men (development and distribution of men’s hair). , laryngeal enlargement, changes in tone of voice, muscle tone and fat distribution).
In older men, testosterone is essential for the function of the testicles and epididymis, prostate and seminal vesicles, as well as for the maintenance of libido, well-being and erectile function.
Treatment for men with hypogonadism with Sustanon® -250 results in significant clinical increases in plasma concentrations of testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, estradiol and androstenedione, and decreased concentration of sex hormone binding globulin ( SHBG); LH and FSH pressures are returned to normal values.
Sustanon® -250 treatment reduces the clinical symptoms of testosterone deficiency. Furthermore, bone mineral density increases and muscle mass and weight loss are reduced in obese patients. During the treatment process, sexual activity is common, including erectile function and libido.
When using medication, plasma concentration of HDL, LDL decreases; hemoglobin content and hematocrit increase, while there is no significant clinical change in the activity of “liver” enzymes and prostate-specific antigen (PSA). Drug treatment can cause an increase in the size of the prostate gland, while there is no disruption to function. In men with hypogonadism and concomitant diabetes mellitus, the use of androgens improves insulin sensitivity and / or reduces the concentration of glucose in plasma.
Androgen use in transgender women promotes masculinity.
The second result
Possible side effects of testosterone use are eliminated by the organ system and the index of duplication of expression according to WHO recommendations: regular (≥ 1/100, <1/10) and frequency is unknown (unpredictable) based on available data).
Benign, malignant and unexplained neoplasms (including cysts and polyps): undiagnosed recurrence – prostate cancer.
- From the genitals and breasts: often unknown – disruption of ejaculation, gynecomastia (feminization), oligospermia, priapism, benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- From the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue disorders: the frequency is unknown – myalgia.
- In that part of the skin and subcutaneous tissues: recurrent known: itching, acne.
- From the point of view of metabolism and nutrition: regular – weight gain; Unknown repetition – water retention.
- From the gastrointestinal tract: recurrence is unknown – nausea.
- From the side of the liver and bile ducts: recurrence unknown: liver failure.
- In that part of the blood and lymphatic system: the frequency is unknown – polycythemia.
- From the side of the vessels: the frequency is unknown: arterial hypertension (increased blood pressure).
- Psychiatric disorders: often unknown: depression, anxiety, mood swings, changes in libido.
Laboratory and device data: unknown frequency: decreased HDL, LDL and triglycerides3, increased PSA; regular – increased hemoglobin and hematocrit, number of red blood cells.
General disorders and conditions of the control area: often unknown: swelling and pain in the injection site, pruritus, hyperemia.
In pre-adolescent boys taking androgens, the following side effects have been observed (see section “Special Instructions”): premature puberty, increased growth rate, enlargement of the penis, and premature epiphyseal closure.
After discontinuing Sustanon®-250 treatment, the side effects persist for some time.
In boys before taking androgens, the following side effects were observed (see section “Special instructions”): premature puberty, increased frequency of erections, enlargement of the penis, and premature closure of the epiphysis.
After stopping treatment with Sustanon®-250, side effects persist for some time.
Contraindications to use
- Hypersensitivity to the active ingredients of the substance (testosterone decanoate, testosterone isocaproate, testosterone phenylpropionate and testosterone propionate) and / or any auxiliary substances in the composition of the substance;
- Allergic reactions to peanuts or soy;
- Prostate cancer (diagnosed or suspected);
- Breast cancer (diagnosed or suspected).
In patients over 65 years of age, with arterial hypertension, thrombophilic conditions, severe liver, severe renal and heart failure; With coronary heart disease (with a tendency to edema), diabetes mellitus, benign prostatic hypertrophy, epilepsy, migraine; With a history of sleep apnea, as well as risk factors such as obesity and chronic lung disease.
In boys, it is important to use the drug Sustanon®-250 with caution during the prepubertal period, because. The safety and effectiveness of children and adolescents have not been adequately studied.